Vacation Vibes: Making the Most of Your Student Getaway 🏝️- CH Newsletter #69
As part of joining our private student residence, our members receive weekly updates about the community, upcoming events, developments in the student residence and any other relevant news. We've decided to post these updates on our website in order to let our visitors looking for student housing get an inside view of the Chelsea House student life!
Welcome back to the CH Show!!! 📺 - This is the weekly update to keep you abreast of what’s good in Montreal, the city we love ❤️, as well as updates from your beloved student residence community 🏡 (and another benefit is this keeps parents back home jealous at all times & updated enough not to blow up your phones lol❤️🙏 ).
Greetings, CFam! As the sun ☀️ shines brighter and school bells fall silent, it's time to embrace the freedom and excitement of summer vacation 🏝️🏝️🏝️. Welcome to our newsletter, your ultimate guide to make the most of these well-deserved days of fun and relaxation 😎.
THE INSIDER'S REPORT: MONTREAL NEWS YOU NEED TO KNOW
Montreal's Parc Jean-Drapeau Is Hosting A Free Science Festival With A Wandering Robot Dog 🤖
Hi CFam Here's something that might pique your interest. Eurêka! Festival, Montreal's annual science 🧬 festival, returns starting May 26. Set against the scenic Biosphere in Parc Jean-Drapeau, the event aims to debunk the myth that science is drab or dry. Best of all, the convergence of knowledge and fun is free of charge.👏
From May 26 to 28, the festival will have over 100 💯 free outdoor activities, including 25 interactive presentations and over 50 hands-on workshops, promising an intriguing blend of education and entertainment. 🥳
For Further details please click HERE.
The Montreal Lachine Canal's Floating Bar Is Officially Back For The 2023 Summer Season 🛥️
Hi CFam! Since its vacation time here’s a place where you can unwind and relax. 😎
Montreal's Canal Lounge is making a splash 💦 with its return this summer season. The floating cocktail bar is officially opening its doors on May 23, 2023, offering a classic bar menu and views of the Lachine Canal and Atwater Market.
The floating cocktail bar 🥂 is open Tuesday to Saturday from 3 p.m. to 11 p.m., and Sunday from 3 p.m. to 10 p.m. Canal Lounge operates on a first-come, first-served basis, with no option for reservations. Guests can enjoy a table inside the boat 🛥️ for two hours and groups are limited to a maximum of six people.
For More Info please click HERE.
CHELSEA HOUSE COMMUNITY VIBES UPDATE
SEMESTER RECAP: PART 2
The MONTHLY MEMBER CONTEST 🥁🥁🥁
Hi CFam! Here's a recap of the winners of our MONTHLY MEMBER CONTEST.
Congratulations once again to the past winners! 👏👏 👏 And good luck to everyone for our future MONTHLY MEMBER CONTESTS! 🎉
Here were the Mechanics for our past MONTHLY MEMBER CONTESTS.
🎟 Tag @livingatchelsea on your instagram Stories (1 entry)
Expect More fun events and prizes CFAM!!! ❤️Our winner for March Isaac! 🎉
Isaac 🇨🇦 and his chosen +1, Warwick 🇿🇦 went to the jam-packed HABS GAME last Thursday (March 9)!! 🥅 🏒 Check out some snaps sent by the boys:
We've got a sick item to giveaway for this month thanks to our friends from Off The Hook boutique! The legendary streetwear store is giving away a North Face Nupsey 🧥 winter jacket to one lucky Chelsea House member.
🚨NEW MEMBERS UPDATE !!🚨
As you may recall the start of the admissions season is upon us, which means that we’re now interviewing all the prospective CH members to join our student house for the upcoming year.
A lot of really interesting members joining like:
- Steph from Ontario 🇨🇦 who will be studying Arts and Science at Concordia. Her hobbies are Watching TV shows and playing video games 🎮. She's looking forward to meet and connect with new people from all backgrounds. Welcome to Chelsea Steph!
- Ava from Canada 🇨🇦 who will be studying at Concordia. She’s excited to go and visit different restaurants and shops and explore all the activities the city has in store.
MEMBER SPOTLIGHT: BEN from Morocco 🇲🇦
(Btw we put everyone's nationality flag so you learn your flags and realize how global the CH Fam really is)
Hey, gang! This week, spotlight is on one of our beloved members, Isaac from New Brunswick, Canada 🇨🇦
Elsa's hobbies are Watching Movies/Shows/Documentaries 🎬 and Watching Sports (Football, Basketball, Hockey) ⚽️ 🏀 🏒.
His friends and family describe him as Organized, Friendly and Athletic.
Thank you for being a part of the Chelsea House family, Isaac!!!
- Storefront Team Member @ Monaco Jewellers. In this Job you will be responsible for assisting customers in finding appropriate products and accessories based on their age, gender, clothing size, and fashion preferences. An important aspect of the job requires the successful candidates to educate customers on the latest trends and help them make informed decisions about their purchases. For further details please click HERE.
- Coffee Bar Attendant @ Marriott International. This Job requires you to complete opening and closing duties including setting up necessary supplies and tools, cleaning all equipment and areas, locking doors, etc. Check with captain or supervisor before leaving at end of shift. Set up, stock, and maintain work areas. Stock ice, glassware, and paper supplies. Remove soiled wares from bar top and tables. Maintain cleanliness and condition of work areas, bar, bar unit, tables, and other tools, following all set-up guidelines. For Further details please click HERE.
- Barista @ My Little Cup. This job involves the following. We are looking for a Barista or Manager to join our team for our coffee shop in Montreal. My Little Cup café is all about these two values. We strive to bring the absolute best while being transparent on the origin of our products. You will deliver amazing customer service by creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere. Our priority is to provide outstanding customer service. We will be happy to welcome someone with limited experience who has a passion to learn. For Further Info Please click HERE.
For us to return your security deposit, we need a copy of your void cheque 🧾 or your complete banking details. You can upload them here.
Your security deposit will be returned a maximum of 30 days 📅 following your lease end date. We will be sending the amount by wire transfer. Note that any damages or missing items discovered during the inspection will be deducted from the security deposit. Any other additional bank fees not received from prior rent payments or other fines issues will also be deducted from your security deposit.
WE WILL NOT FOLLOW UP WITH YOU TO COLLECT BANKING DETAILS - It's your responsibility to send it to us. Note that accounting only makes 2 disbursements per month (on the 15th and on the 30th of the month) so if you send your details too late, you will need to wait for the next disbursement. Just send it to us right away! :)
Before you leave CH, you can leave your keys in the drop box 📮 in the office (next to the printer hanging on the wall). Be sure to put them in an envelope ✉️ and write your name on the envelope.
Are you enjoying your Chelsea House Experience so far?
It would mean the world to us if you could take a few minutes to share with us your thoughts (check out the link below).