Get Your Green On and Let the Good Times Roll! ☘️ - CH Newsletter #59 (March 17, 2023)
As part of joining our private student residence, our members receive weekly updates about the community, upcoming events, developments in the student residence and any other relevant news. We've decided to post these updates on our website in order to let our visitors looking for student housing get an inside view of the Chelsea House student life!
Welcome back to the CH Show!!! 📺 - This is the weekly update to keep you abreast of what’s good in Montreal, the city we love ❤️, as well as updates from your beloved student residence community 🏡 (an another benefit is this keeps parents back home jealous at all times & updated enough not to blow up your phones lol❤️🙏 ).
This weekend the city comes alive with green decorations, live music, and traditional Irish cuisine. This is a very exciting time especially for students like you who come from other parts of the world 🌍. This week, we'll be sharing some tips and recommendations on how to make the most of St. Patrick's Day weekend while staying at your favorite premium student residence. From local events to popular attractions, we've got you covered So grab a green beer, put on your best shamrock hat, and get ready to celebrate St. Patrick's Day ☘️ the CH way!
THE INSIDER'S REPORT: MONTREAL NEWS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Attend the Mini Maple 🍁 Festival at Jean-Talon Market
Try the Ice Rink Bumper Cars at Esplanade Tranquille
Once you've had your fill of maple syrup at the Maple Festival, reverse the binge and use your excess energy at the bumper cars in Esplanade Tranquille! No need to reserve and you can ride them for FREE! It will only be open from 3:30pm 'til 8:30pm so be there early 🚘
- Witness Montreal's Saint Patrick's Day Parade ☘️
CHELSEA HOUSE COMMUNITY VIBES UPDATE
- EVENT RECAP: Let's get Recruited !! CV PARTY 👩💼👨💼 hosted by the CH Team
- Start with a social media cleanup 👀
- Show off your education 🤓
- Use buzzwords from the job description
- Use a professional email address
- Formatting is key
- Include relevant experience
Customize your resume
Keep it short and sweet
- Reach out to recruiters on LinkedIn
- Proofread, Proofread, Proofread!
- Network like a pro
You can read more about these tips HERE (Read: Chelsea House’s Tips On How To Write A Killer Resume 💪🏻)
- ST. PATRICK'S DAY PARTY AT CH ☘️🍻
We can't wait to see your photos and videos from the event! Don't forget to tag us (@livingatchelsea) so we can share it on CH TV 📺
- UPCOMING EVENT:
PATRIOTIC DAY DRINKING: Montreal’s iconic Saint-Patrick’s day parade ☘️ is upon us!! Mark your calendars - Sunday, March 19 at noon!
Okay, all votes are in!!! CH x Sugar Shack is happening next Saturday, March 25th. WE ARE SO PUMPED!!! 🤩
The CH team will be taking our members to Mirabel, Quebec, a 1-hour drive outside of the city of Montreal. Sugar goodies, goat-feeding, eating maple syrup on a stick, and sing alongs on the bus ride to and back, our members will officially experience THE ultimate Canadian experience
WEEKLY RECAP - Here are some snaps of what went down the past week with the rest of the fam:
MEMBER SPOTLIGHT: ANOUK FROM USA 🇺🇸 & FRANCE 🇫🇷 (Btw we put everyone's nationality flag so you learn your flags and realize how global the CH Fam really is)
Hey, CH Fam! This week we're featuring Anouk from Boston, USA 🇺🇸 and Annecy, France 🇫🇷
Anouk is currently taking up Psychology 👩🏻🏫 at Concordia University 🏫
We are so happy that you are a part of the Chelsea House family, Anouk!!! 🤗
SHOW ME THE MONEY!! THE STUDENT JOB BOARD FOR SOME PART-TIME CASH $$$
- Social Media Coordinator @ Montréal en Histoires | If you are bilingual (FR and EN) and in search of a paid internship opportunity, you might wanna check out this job post! As a social media coordinator, you will be in charge of answering queries, assisting in preparation of brochures, reports, newsletters, etc. as well as coordinating events and promotions among other tasks.
- Barista @ Italimenti | If you are someone who prefers working in the frontline and having direct interaction with customers then this is the perfect part-time job for you. Tasks are pretty straightforward-- prepping and packaging food, taking orders, serving customers, etc. Ability to communicate in both FR and EN is required.
- Airport Customer Service / Ramp Agent @ Delta | The company is looking for people who will be able to help make their customers' travel experience as smooth and pleasant as possible. If hired, you will either be assigned as a Ticket Agent, Gate Agent, or Baggage Handler/Ramp Operator. Check out the job post on the link below for the specifics of each role. A Canadian drivers license and good command of the EN language is a MUST.
- Back-To-School Promo 💰
- Your referral has to be a first time Chelsea House Member.
- Your referral has to go through the usual Chelsea House application process and be accepted as a Member for a period of at least one semester (6-month contract).
- $500 prepaid visa card - 1 year signed lease
- $250 prepaid visa card - 1 semester signed lease
- LEASE RENEWAL ✍️
Are you enjoying your Chelsea House Experience so far?
It would mean the world to us if you could take a few minutes to share with us your thoughts (check out the link below).