Time to Settle in CFAM! 💯- CH Newsletter #79
As part of joining our private student residence, our members receive weekly updates about the community, upcoming events, developments in the student residence and any other relevant news. We've decided to post these updates on our website in order to let our visitors looking for student housing get an inside view of the Chelsea House student life!
Welcome back to the CH Show!!! 📺 - This is the weekly update to keep you abreast of what’s good in Montreal, the city we love ❤️, as well as updates from your beloved student residence community 🏡 (and another benefit is this keeps parents back home jealous at all times & updated enough not to blow up your phones lol❤️🙏 ).
HI CFAM time to prepare to meet your new roommates! 🤝👥 Embrace the excitement and jitters as you get to know your future dorm buddies! 🏠💬 Sharing stories, interests, and expectations will help build lasting friendships. 📚🌟 Encourage open communication and respect for each other's space. 🗣️🚪 With empathy and understanding, everyone can create a warm and welcoming living environment! 🤗💕 So let's make this journey a memorable one! 🎉🌈 Welcome CFAM!
THE INSIDER'S REPORT: MONTREAL NEWS YOU NEED TO KNOW
A 'Call It Spring' Pop-Up Is Coming To Downtown Montreal With Fashion Finds & Free Popsicles
🌿👠 Fashion meets refreshments in Montreal! 🚚💚 "Call It Spring" lime truck brings hottest styles to downtown near Eaton Centre. 🛍️🌟 From August 4 to 6, enjoy 25% off on new collection in-store & online. 🤩📱 Explore top picks like Gretchen, Major, Refresh, and Wildwest. 🤳🛍️ Don't miss the 100% vegan brand's immersive retail experience! 🍦🍨 Treat yourself to vegan sorbets, first-come, first-served. 🍦🎉 Be part of the innovative hybrid shopping model in the heart of the city! 🏙️🛒
🌙🍜 Exciting fusion of Asian night market meets beloved supermarket! 🛒🍽️ T&T Supermarket and Marché de Nuit Asiatique join forces in Montreal. 🎆 From August 17-20, indulge in 100+ dishes from 30 stalls & restaurants. 🍢🥟🍹Savor succulent skewers, fluffy dumplings, and refreshing bubble teas.
🎨🎶 Craft stalls & live music create an immersive atmosphere. 🎤🎉 Discover Asian culture's rich diversity. 🌏✨ Mark your calendar, come hungry, and experience Asia at your doorstep! 🏠🥢
CHELSEA HOUSE EVENT HIGHLIGHTS 2022 - 2023 💯🎉💯
Hello CFAM! In this section we will be showcasing the events that the Chelsea House family had for the last semester! 💯Events are held at Chelsea weekly and we want to make sure that everyone has the chance to have the full Montreal Student Experience 🤗Thank you for a great year CFAM and here's to more events this Semester! 🥂
- Pyjamas Party 😴👕💤👖 Hosted by Maya H. 🏴 and the CH Event Committee 💪🏻
As you may recall the start of the admissions season is upon us, which means that we’re now interviewing all the prospective CH members to join our student house for the upcoming year.
A lot of really interesting members joining like:
- Pizza Cook @ Wienstein & Gavino's . Weinstein and Gavino's one of the popular eateries downtown is looking for Pizza Cook candidates. This job will require you to prepare pizzas out of the menu. bake a wide variety of pizza doughs and wash and chop vegetables. Mostly kitchen tasks during the day. For further details please click HERE.
- Package handler @ UPS. UPS CANADA currently has an opening for a package handler position. Salary ranges from $20 dollars an hour. Responsibilities will be executing UPS package handling methods and loading and unloading packages. For further details please click HERE.
- Residential cleaner @ CLEAN ON THE GO INC. What they're looking for: Pleasant and positive attitude, High energy, thoroughness and attention to detail. They have Flexible schedules so you could squeeze in extra hours if needed, Bi-weekly pay and best of all YOU KEEP ALL TIPS! For further details please click HERE.
Apartment and room decorations
It is prohibited to make any holes in the walls or use any tape to put up posters, lights, etc. that will risk chipping the paint. You will be responsible for any paint chips on the wall that need to be retouched. We have blue sticky tack available in the office to put up your pics and posters that won’t damage the walls.
Applicable fee for paint repair: $175 per wall.
As you already know, there is a $950 refundable security deposit due to cover any damages and/or missing items that might occur during your stay at Chelsea House.
In the event that a resident violates our rules and incurs a fine, the amount of the fine will also be deducted from their security deposit.
If there are banking fees missing from your rent payment, these will also be deducted from your security deposit.
The management team reserves the right to discuss all fines, deductions, and any other money related issue with the guarantors on the lease.
We appreciate your cooperation in maintaining a safe and respectful environment for all residents.
* Note that the amount of all fines will escalate after every infraction.
Are you enjoying your Chelsea House Experience so far?
It would mean the world to us if you could take a few minutes to share with us your thoughts (check out the link below).