MAY the force be with you!! 💪🏻 - CH Newsletter #65
As part of joining our private student residence, our members receive weekly updates about the community, upcoming events, developments in the student residence and any other relevant news. We've decided to post these updates on our website in order to let our visitors looking for student housing get an inside view of the Chelsea House student life!
Welcome back to the CH Show!!! 📺 - This is the weekly update to keep you abreast of what’s good in Montreal, the city we love ❤️, as well as updates from your beloved student residence community 🏡 (and another benefit is this keeps parents back home jealous at all times & updated enough not to blow up your phones lol❤️🙏 ).
This is it, CFam! Congratulations on making it through the end of the semester! 👏🏻Phew, time has gone by so fast didn't it? Sadly, this also means that for most of you, it's time to pack up and head back home ✈️
While it can be bittersweet leaving behind the friends and memories you've made over the past few months, take these last remaining days as your chance to unwind and recharge before starting a new semester (or career)! It's the end of one chapter and the beginning of another. As they say, the world is your oyster! What an exciting time full of endless possibilities!!! 💪🏻
Now, back to business. Here’s the latest news and updates from the best student housing family!
THE INSIDER'S REPORT: MONTREAL NEWS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Check out "Vegapalooza" 🥑🍆🥦 at rue Sainte-Catherine
- Score unique Anime and Kawaii products at Kumiz Café Boutique 🇯🇵
This one's for the Anime and all things Japanese lovers 🇯🇵! Kumiz Café Boutique, a new Japanese grocery store located in Plateau, recently opened its doors. The store features Japanese snacks, stationery, plush toys, and accessories inspired by kawaii culture ✌🏻, anime 📺, and manga 📚. The range of products is super affordable, with items ranging from $0.50 up to $89. Popular snacks include Japanese Kit Kats 🍫, cookies and cream Pocky 🥖, and spicy Buldak Ramen 🍜. The store also stocks more than eight flavours of Hata Ramune and white peach Fanta 🥤, so gather your friends and head over to Kumiz Café Boutique this weekend!
- Have brekky with the gang at Cosmos 🍳
Hey, CH foodies! We got another must-try breakfast spot 🍳 for you to try (if you haven't yet) !! 🤤 By now, you should already know that our beloved city is home to many trendy brunch spots and Instagram-worthy eateries 🍽️. One of them is the famous Cosmos, located at rue Sherbrooke O. (a few min. walk from CH). The restaurant offers a breakfast menu that is highly recommended by locals and is sure to satisfy the taste bud of every discerning member of CFam.
CHELSEA HOUSE COMMUNITY VIBES UPDATE
- Impromptu Picnic with the CFam 🧺
After a day packed with back-to-back move-out inspections, our ever reliable Manager of Operations, Steph thought, "Hmm. The sun is out and it's a beautiful afternoon to spend a fun and lazy afternoon in the park 🤔".
After a quick and easy-peasy planning, the gang gathered and walked over to the park. Thanks to a few cans of Seltzers, snacks, a Spike Ball set, and a surprise visit from former CH members, the impromptu picnic and game day with the CFam was a huge success!!
- Trash Talk: Roomies' Garbage Duty Sched Issues - SOLVED!
We know, we know. Nobody likes taking out the trash 🗑️ and if you add the factor of living with 2 or three other people in the apartment, things could get messy But... Apt 18 roomies (Bibi 🇫🇷, Clément 🇨🇭, Max 🇦🇹, and Lucas 🇫🇷) came up with a GENIUS and fun way to solve this age-old problem - if you don't take out the trash, BEERS 🍻 for all the other roomies are on you
(Bibi and Clément from Apt 18 👆🏻)
Needless to say, we are impressed (and grateful) 🙏🏻!!! Not only does this method ensure that everyone shares the responsibility equally, but it also eliminates the need for constant reminders and arguments among roommates. Plus, it's a fun way to keep track of who's up next and who's already done their part.
So if you're having the same issue with roommates and struggling to divide up the chores fairly, why not give this system a try? 😉 You might just find that it makes your living situation a whole lot more harmonious. Maybe you don't realize it but this, guys and gals is the essence of "co-living" and we are so so proud to see you all doing your part without us ordering and policing over you Keep it up, CFam!!! 💪🏻
- UPCOMING EVENT: End of the Semester Surprise for CFam
If you missed last week's newsletter, your CH Events Committee 🦸♀️🦸♂️ is brewing something special for all of you to celebrate the end of the semester!
Again, ideas and suggestions are welcome! Reach out to any of the members of the committee (Ilias 🇫🇷, Laura 🇮🇪, Maya 🏴, Becca 🇬🇧, or Zoe 🇦🇺).
MEMBER SPOTLIGHT: CLÉMENT FROM SWITZERLAND 🇨🇭 (Btw we put everyone's nationality flag so you learn your flags and realize how global the CH Fam really is)
Hey, gang! This week, spotlight is on Clément from Lausanne, Switzerland 🇨🇭
He is currently finishing his degree from the Desautels faculty at McGill University 🏫
Clément likes to travel ✈️, spend time with friends 👬, play tennis 🎾, sail ⛵️, and enjoy a good movie night 📽️.
His friends and family describe him as someone who is calm, hard worker and has a great sense of humour.
- Test Administrator @ Pearson | This position requires providing secure exam delivery and customer service, including checking in with candidates, troubleshooting, and completing light housekeeping. The ideal candidate must have flexible availability, knowledge of Microsoft Office, and physical capability to sit, bend, and lift up to 20lbs. Being comfort in a quiet testing environment is also essential. Having customer service experience is a plus but not required.
- Sandwich Artist @ Subway | This global food chain is looking for sandwich artist for morning, evening, and overnight shifts. The tasks include providing customer service, food preparation, and cleaning, among others. Fluency in both EN and FR is required, and work experience in a restaurant is preferred.
- Warehouse Associate @FortNine | The job involves picking and packing orders, maintaining the warehouse, sorting inventory products, and supporting other personnel. The ideal candidate should have at least 1 year of warehouse experience, be punctual and reliable, and be able to follow instructions and work independently. Most importantly he or she must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and stand for up to 4 hours. Some of the perks given to the employees include personal days, health insurance, and free snacks & drinks.
Okay, we get it. It's the end of the semester and everyone's in party-mode. Trust us, we support you 100% in making the most out of your remaining days at CH and for some, in the city.
However, we would like to remind you that there are a lot of ways to have fun without causing any harm to the other members and/or our lovely premium student residence. However, we do acknowledge that from time to time, things happen and all we ask is honesty and accountability.
Recently, we've received reports of broken things around the building (i.e. pool cue, ceiling lamp, etc.). We would highly appreciate it if and when these incidents occur, every member would be responsible enough to own up to it and reach out to us immediately to save some precious time looking through camera footages 📹
Thank you for your cooperation, CFam 🙏🏻
Are you enjoying your Chelsea House Experience so far?
It would mean the world to us if you could take a few minutes to share with us your thoughts (check out the link below).