You’ll only get a first week of classes once - ENJOY IT! CH Newsletter
As part of joining our private residential community, our members receive weekly updates about the community, upcoming events, developments in the student residence and any other relevant news. We've decided to post these updates on our website in order to let our visitors looking for student housing get an inside view of the Chelsea House student life!
Dear Chelsea House Members,
- Montreal pride, represent! Our very own Gisèle Lullaby has won the latest season of "Canada's Drag Race" 🎉 She is the first ever winner of the contest from Quebec.
Here's a clip of her final face-off with Jada Shada Hudson where they performed the Celine Dion classic, A New Day has Come. Hail to the fiercest Queen of the North! 👑
- This weekend, La Grande Rentrée (The Big Return) will be taking place at Montreal's Quartier Latin. This three-evening event is meant to be a last hurrah before the intense school activities officially takeover your days (and nights).
- Grab this rare opportunity to party 'til you drop - plenty of bars will be open tonight until 6am!!
- Jardins Gamelins, 1500 rue Berri (September 8)
- rue Saint-Denis in the Quartier des Spectacles (September 9 and 10)
- We know how hectic this weekend's gonna be for you all. Why not hang with the gang on a casual lunch date at Bagels on Greene. It's one of the go-to places of locals for delish bagels and desserts!
We were initially planning for a tailgate BBQ 🍗 party which was unfortunately denied by the stadium 🥲 . HOWEVER, there's gonna be food and drinks sold on the event so hot dog / first beer ON US 🙏🏻FUN FACT: Our founder, PJ, also used to play for the same team back in college (don't ask which years 🤭 ) !!!
- On Sunday, our very own Ramin 🔥 will be hosting not one but two HIIT Classes at Report Fitness, St. Catherine. A lot of members have expressed interest in attending but slots are limited to 20 attendees per class. So if you haven't signed up, be sure to do so within the day to secure your slot!
- THE FAM IS SHARING CONTENT !! We're getting flooded with "Sharing is Caring - Content Creation" entries from the Chelsea House members and we're loving it!! Keep 'em comin' guys and gals!
Here's how the other members are spending their time in the City when not lounging around your favorite premium student residence!! 🏠
MEMBER SPOTLIGHT: LOGAN GLICK FROM USA 🇺🇸 AND RYAN BADOUR FROM CANADA 🇨🇦
- Logan is from the Big 🍎 , New York City 🗽 and belongs to the Arts and Sciences Faculty of McGill.
- Ryan on the other hand comes from one of our neighbor cities, Ottawa 🇨🇦🍁
- Kitchen Staff @ Brotelli Pasta Bar | This job requires someone with the ability to work in a fast paced environment, bilingual (EN and FR) and willing to learn how to cook with pasta equipment. If you have all of these, then you might be the one their looking for! 🍝
- Front Desk Clerk @ Mariott International Inc. | If you think you're capable of processing guest check-ins and check-outs, payments, and coordinating with other departments (housekeeping, parking, etc.), then this job might be for you! Apart from the extra cash, you will also be working at an international brand of hotel chains with over 500 branches worldwide.
- Cashier @ Réno-Dépôt | The company is looking for someone who can greet customers warmly, process transactions precisely, keep all checkout work stations clean & tidy, and prepare cash report.
- Our Back To School promotion: REFER A FRIEND, GET $500 CASH! 💰 is still ongoing for the winter semester! As we've mentioned in our previous communication, if you refer someone who signs a long-term lease with Chelsea House, you'll receive a $500 prepaid visa card.
- Your referral has to be a first time Chelsea House Member.
- Your referral has to go through the usual Chelsea House application process and be accepted as a Member for a period of at least one year (12-month contract).
- MI CASA SU CASA - The newsletter isn’t just good news !! It’s also here as we want to be fully transparent with you all about the good and the bad.
As you know, we count on all of you to take care of our beautiful mansion Home. We’re really really doing our best to make this the best student experience BUT this crazy dream of a premium environment left in the hands of raging students is a risky bet to say the least lol 😂
So - please please help us keep the Dream alive by watching over your Home with us.
And so we want to remind everyone that it's not just ours but each of the member's responsibility as well to make sure that our home stays in tip-top condition. Moreover, by living in a co-living community, we really encourage everyone to respect the space we’re all sharing.
- CHESS NOT CHECKERS - There couldn’t be anyone more impressed than us when Housekeeping was raving that an apartment had gifted them a few slices of home cooked cake to thank them for their work. Honestly it’s genius and so appreciated. Yanira, Oscar and the whole crew are really the Kings & Queens of Chelsea 🙏