Becoming Montrealers - CH Newsletter #43 November 12, 2022
As part of joining our private residential community, our members receive weekly updates about the community, upcoming events, developments in the student residence and any other relevant news. We've decided to post these updates on our website in order to let our visitors looking for student housing get an inside view of the Chelsea House student life!
- Did you know that aside from poutine, there's another infamous French-Canadian dish that was invented in Quebec? It's called Pizzaghetti 🍕🍝. We know our Italian 🇮🇹 members may be shaking their heads in disbelief 🤣, however, for the brave ones who would like to try this odd combo, check out these restaurants: Reubens, Salonica, Marconi, and Zappy Pizza 👀
- We've got good news for those of you who hate carrying cash or queueing to get your daily coffee and donut fix. You can now pay for your Tim Hortons order using your phones! This new feature is called Scan & Pay. What makes it even better is that you'll get rewards points each time you use it for your purchases.
- The list of "things to do in Montreal?" won't be complete without something from the comedy scene. Our city is of course home to some of the best stand-up comedy shows in the world 🌎. Sit back, relax, and laugh your hearts out this Sunday evening at Café Les Oubliettes' Humor Night. Get your tickets here.
- Last Thursday, our Italian duo, Alessandro and Antonia 🇮🇹 hosted another Serata Di Poker and an impromptu pool and beer pong competition at the Chelsea House lounge.
- Congratulations, Logan 🇺🇸 , Jackson🇺🇸 , Isaac 🇨🇦 (Team 10) and Albane 🇫🇷 and Pimprenelle 🇫🇷 (Team 2) for winning the Halloween Costume Contest 🙌🏻
- Ilias 🇫🇷 and Isaac 🇨🇦 represented the winning teams and went to the Habs, thanks to the French 🇫🇷 ladies and the American 🇺🇸 gents
Here's what there rest of the Chelsea Fam's been up to all week:
He is taking up Economics at Cégep André-Laurendeau 🙇♂️
Armand is a pretty chill guy who does boxing 🥊, rugby 🏉, and kitesurfing 🏄♂️ during his free time.
Apart from these highly physical sports activities, he also loves cooking 👨🍳 , meeting new people 🤝 and going out with friends 😁
People close to Armand describe him as someone who is funny, nice, and childish ❤️
We hope you're enjoying your experience at Chelsea House, Armand 🙏🏻
SHOW ME THE MONEY!! THE STUDENT JOB BOARD FOR SOME PART-TIME CASH $$$
- Sales Consultant @ Deschênes & Fils Ltée | If you are dynamic and have an interest and experience in sales and customer service, this might be the job for you! Aside from Dental and Vision Insurance, the company will also provide you with vacation and compensatory leaves.
- Student Supervisors @ Centre de services scolaire de Montréal | The CSSDM is looking for student supervisors for its recall list to fill temporary replacements in its schools. The main role of the employee is to maintain order, discipline and respect of the rules among students.The work schedule can be day or evening, full time or part time, depending on the needs and your availability.
- Invigilators @ Concordia University | The Department of Building, Civil and Environmental Engineering (BCEE) is looking for professional, reliable, committed, and punctual people who are fluent in English (spoken and written) and able to handle difficult situations and resolve problems. This job is for members who are taking their Masters degree (undergrads are not eligible).
- 🚨 REMINDER 🚨
- Have you guys seen this beauty along one of our halls at Chelsea House, yet? If not, do check it out 👀