Bring It On, 2023!!! 💥 - CH Newsletter #50 January 13, 2022
As part of joining our private residential community, our members receive weekly updates about the community, upcoming events, developments in the student residence and any other relevant news. We've decided to post these updates on our website in order to let our visitors looking for student housing get an inside view of the Chelsea House student life!
- Embark on a 12-hour unique music and art experience with Exposé Noir x Fonderie Darling.
- Check out the newest arcade in the City!
- Visit the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts and learn about Basquiat's artistic career.
Tickets are free if you are 20 yrs. old or younger while 21 to 30-yr.-olds can buy them for $16 per person.
- Friday afternoon Pizza 🍕 and Pool 🎱 Party
- Meet The Fam 🙏 Icebreaker Event
Tomorrow, January 14th (Saturday), we will be having our traditional CH Meet The Fam 🙏 Icebreaker Event to officially welcome the new members of the CH fam!
We hope everyone can make it 🤞🏼 Here is the ATTENDANCE FORM.
- Calling all CH members with a knack for event planning! We are forming a CH Event Committee launched by Laura M 🇮🇪 and Ilias 🇫🇷 !! 🥳 Here are the initial events proposed so far:
- Potato Party (lol) 🥔
- Cooking 101 👨🍳
- Corporate LIFE (CV Writing Review & Pro Headshot 📸) event at Fox 🦊 Head Office on Sherbrooke
We know you have amazing ideas so please share them with us! If you're up for the challenge and you'd like to be a part of the team, sign up HERE.
- WEEKLY RECAP: Here are some snaps of what went down the past week with the rest of the fam:
Beebs or B is taking up Liberal Arts with double minor in English Literature 📚 and Acting 🎭 at Concordia University 🏫
She loves to read 📖 , watch movies 🍿, listen to music 🎧, follow sports 💪🏻. She is also always up to explore new underground places 🔍 and go to museums 🖼.
Bibi is a competitive equestrian 🏇 and hopes to become an actress ⭐️and work in a non profit organization 🤝.
- Student Monitor @ St. George's School of Montreal | If you have a DEC in Community, Recreation & Leadership training or equivalent, experience working with adolescents, and proficient in Google Workspace, this job may be the one for you! If accepted for the role, your contract length will be 4 and a half months (with a possibility of extension) and you'll only need to work from 3pm to 7pm from Monday to Friday.
- Clerk @ Pharmaprix | The company is looking for someone who is organized, detail-oriented, and has basic experience with computers and the cash register. As a clerk, you must also be able to provide exceptional customer service and work independently. Note that this job might require some heavy lifting and climbing a ladder so only apply if you are physically fit to do so. Ability to communicate in FR and EN is a plus.
- Club Demonstration Services (CDS) Product Demonstrator at Costco | CDS is Costco's in-house pre-qualification marketing company. As a product demonstrator, you will be in-charge of introducing Costco members to new foods and products. If you are comfortable in interacting with customers and managers and able to stand for up to 6 hours a day and lift approximately 22 lbs, check out the link below.
HOUSE UPDATES- this section is where we share with you the nuts and bolts of keeping the Chelsea House ship afloat while you focus on your studies & having fun. The honest truth is this is real life, sometimes things don't work well, mistakes happen and delays occur. We decided that we'll still share it all with you, right here, every week.
- You have $500 waiting for you! 🤑
- Your referral has to be a first time Chelsea House Member.
- Your referral has to go through the usual Chelsea House application process and be accepted as a Member for a period of at least one year (12-month contract).