Exam Season - Winter Edition 🙇♀️🙇♂️ - CH Newsletter #47 December 9, 2022
As part of joining our private residential community, our members receive weekly updates about the community, upcoming events, developments in the student residence and any other relevant news. We've decided to post these updates on our website in order to let our visitors looking for student housing get an inside view of the Chelsea House student life!
- Famous ice sculptor, Julien Doré of Hôtel de Glace, is creating another incredible masterpiece by the Lachine Canal. This riverside ice bar 🧊 will be serving delish cocktails and non-alcoholic drinks 🍸🍹 Entrance fee is only $20 and it already comes with a welcome drink. Winter nightlife doesn’t have to be boring so make sure to check it out! 😉
- This year, our beloved City is hosting the 15th UN Conference on Biodiversity 🤩 In celebration of this very important event, Montreal’s Espace pour la vie museums will be opening its doors for free this weekend (December 10 and 11). In case you don’t know yet, these museums include Montreal's Botanical Garden, Insectarium, Rio Tino Alcan Planetarium, and Biodôme and Biosphere. All you need to do is book a time slot on their website - https://espacepourlavie.ca/ 🚶♀️🚶🏻
- Have you checked out the holiday installations at rue Wellington yet? If not, we’ve got something that might entice you to do so over the weekend! Visit the famous “Enchanted Alley” located between Bar Palco and Dollarama at 4023, rue Wellington and take some cool holiday photos before going back home 😊 Don’t forget to include #VerdunLuv in your posts and tag us @livingatchelsea as well 📸
- Antonia 🇮🇹 and Laura's 🇫🇷 Ginger House Contest, Christmas drinks and Secret Santa ! 🥳🎅
- UPCOMING EVENT: CH Fam Goes to 212
- WEEKLY RECAP: Here are some snaps of what went down the past week in your student residence including:
Hey, Chelsea Fam! This week we’re featuring Emma from Tucson, Arizona USA 🇺🇸 She belongs to the Arts and Sciences faculty of Concordia University 🏫
Emily is interested in arts and exploring the cultures that come with it. She also loves food, anime, and everything about the Asian culture.
Some of her hobbies include playing tennis 🎾 and horseback riding 🏇
Emma is very much into trying new experiences and so far she’s loving college life in Montreal.
Oh, in case you’re confused 👀 she has a twin sister named Lila who’s also part of the CH fam 👯
We hope you’re enjoying your stay at Chelsea House, Emma! 🤗
SHOW ME THE MONEY!! THE STUDENT JOB BOARD FOR SOME PART-TIME CASH $$$
- Youtube Video Editor @ Fine and Flux | Do you have ab experience in taking and editing videos? This part-time job might be the one you’re searching for! The company is looking for someone who is fluent in any editing software and Canva as well as minor photoshop re-touching. Being able to operate camera and lighting equipment is a must.
- Academic coach (science) @ Centennial Academy | If you’re passionate about Science and teaching, this is the perfect job for you! As an academic coach, you will help students in preparing for the January departmental exam, accomplishing their homework and science assignments, managing their workload organization, and catching up academically in science.
- Box Office Attendants @ Place des Arts | Would you like to join an expert and dedicated team that contributes daily to the promotion of culture by hosting, producing and co-producing artistic works from here and abroad? Place des Arts de Montréal is the right employer for you! In this position, you will sell tickets to shows at the counter or by telephone, ensuring courteous customer service in order to preserve the professionalism and brand image of the Société. Apply in the link below!
HOUSE UPDATES🚨 REMINDERS 🚨
- We would like to remind everyone to please accomplish the holiday schedule Google form that we sent out in the CH Fam WhatsApp group chat. Again, this is VERY important especially if you need to have your luggages pulled out from the storage. Note that we need to schedule these pick-ups days in advance so please submit your forms before the week ends 🙏🏻
- For those of you who will be moving out soon, kindly make sure that you have booked your move-out inspection appointment through the link that we've sent in our email. Likewise, do not forget to provide your complete and accurate banking information in order for us to process your security deposit refunds as soon as possible 😊